Enter the Notts Amateur Snooker Championship
Closing date for entries: Sunday 2 October 2022
Who can enter?
Any amateur snooker player who plays at a club within the Nottinghamshire county boundary or resides at an address within the Nottinghamshire county boundary. Main tour professionals cannot enter. The Tournament Director (“TD”) reserves the right to refuse entry.
Registering your entry
Payment of your £10 entry fee will secure your place in the draw for the 2022/23 Notts Amateur Snooker Championship.
Payment can be made by bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Click on “Add to basket”
- Click on “View basket”
- Click on “Proceed to checkout”
- Enter your Billing details
- Click on “Place order”
If electing to pay by bank transfer, once you have placed your order, you will receive an email containing the bank details for Nottingham Snooker.
This tournament will be played in accordance with the official rules of snooker as published by the WPBSA.
The miss rule will be played unless both competitors elect not to play it.
A random draw will take place prior to each round and be broadcast live via Facebook Live. The first player drawn shall be the home player. The draw will be published on the Nottingham Snooker website.
All matches will be best of 5 frames except for the final which will be best of 7 frames.
Matches up to and including the semi-finals will be played at any venue of the home player’s choosing within the Nottinghamshire county boundary. The final will be played at a neutral venue.
Paying for the table
The player drawn at home will be responsible for all table costs.
A referee will be provided for the final.
Prize Money & Trophies
- The winner and runner-up will receive a trophy which they can keep.
- The winner will have their name engraved on the prestigious Notts Amateur Snooker Championship trophy (see photo).
- All entry fees will be paid out in prize money after deducting funds required to purchase trophies and engrave the main trophy.
- The TD will increase prize money if he is able to attract sponsorship.
The Nottingham Snooker VAR Procedure will be used to arrange matches:
View the draw
- The TD will publish the draw on the Nottingham Snooker website.
- Players will also receive a message from the TD with details of their opponent (including their phone number) and the deadline for the match to be played (typically 21 days after the date of the draw).
Arrange and play your match
Within 2 days of the draw, both players must:
- Make contact with each other and arrange the match.
- Inform the TD of the date of the match.
Players will then play the match on the agreed date.
Result to TD
- Immediately following the match being played, the WINNER must send the result to the TD, including details of any breaks over 50.
- The TD will then publish the result on the Nottingham Snooker website.
Penalty for Unsporting Conduct
The TD is at liberty to expel a player from the tournament for any conduct that he considers to be unsporting or at the detriment to the fair progression of the tournament.
Any failure to adhere to the tournament rules and/or VAR procedures will be classed as unsporting conduct and may result in a player being expelled from the tournament by the TD.
The TD may, at his discretion, allow slight variations to these rules UPON REQUEST, if he feels it will not impede the fair progression of the tournament.