Previous topic - Next topic

James Robinson

Game Scores
John Paul Fountain   2-0   Matt Walters
James Notman   1-1   Jeff Kerins
Brian Kinton   2-0   Manfred Corbin
Richard Tooley   0-1   Julian Howard

Match Report

Arnold CD come out easy winners in the end over Spot on sneinton B in some late action down at BCI.

The 1st frame between JPF and Matt walters lasting coming on 1hr 15 mins in what was a scrappy but exciting frame with some good safty play, which kept me on my toes with the amout of misses i had to call, at 1 stage i was in awe of 1 of the escapes by matt walters, playing for the yellow he had to go upto baulk onto the side cushion back down to the black end of the table to go back upto baulk again to hit the yellow on the other side cushion, seriously 1 of the best escapes from a snooker ive ever seen. It was all to no avail though as he would still go onto loose the frame and the next.

Over on the other table Brian kinton and Manfred Corbin were also having there own 1hr 15 min 1st frame, brian though would win both frames with ease though.

As time was now dragging on and with 6 more frames still to play peter Trout allowed us the use of a 3rd table so James Notman and Jeff kerins would both go and play on that table, i cant really say much about them frames as i didnt see all that much other than going on the scores both frames were quite close as they both battled out a 1-1 draw.

Richard tooley fought it out with Julian Howard in was again a scappy frame but both players did pull of some good pots, julian would go on to win the frame but as James Notman won his 2nd frame putting Arnold CD 5-2 up both teams agreed there was no point in playing the 8th frame.

JPF 66-49 MW
JPF 51-29 MW
JN 27-41 JK
JN 59-32 JK
BK 82-39 MC
BK 72-29 MC
RT 24-50 JH

All in all though it was good night down at BCI though both teams seemed to stuggle there was some good sfaty play to be seen. Well played to Arnold CD and hard luck to Snienton B.
James FRUIT SHOOT Robinson
BCI Masters Team Captain

Alan Cunningham

Good win for my 'home' team against a strong Sneinton Spot-on 'B'.

I bet Bob is glad he was officiating at the Monday Plate Final the previous night - assuming that the 1st frame (J.P. against Matt) got off on time, it didnt finish until 9.20 - 1hr 20 mins.

After a couple of blank years, another trophy in the cabinet at Arnold.
Alan Cunningham
Arnold Civil Defence
EASB Class 3 Referee

James Robinson

It wasnt a pretty frame at all alan, JPF seemed to start of ok potted some good balls and went like 30-40 points in front, but he then had a fluke and after that he just seemed to colapse and indoing so allowed matt back into the frame.
BCI Masters Team Captain

Robert Wright

It would not have bothered me in the sleightest what night I took, but I don't play on Tuesday's so it seemed sensible to let someone who does take charge.

Last night proves that a 7:30 start time is better than the old 8:00 start time.
Bob Wright
Galaxy "E" in Torquay

James Robinson

It didnt bother me in the slightest, im sure both teams will admit it wasnt the most exciting final ever. But in snooker and at our level we can expect matches like that.

The 7.30 start i think will help loads.
BCI Masters Team Captain

James Robinson

I did post a picture to go with this, did u not get it steve
BCI Masters Team Captain

Steve Butler

maqsood

well done steve, you must amend the errors of your ways.