The finals day for the Notts Amateur Junior Competition Sponsored By Mr David Gibson was held at Beeston snooker Hall yesterday.
A disappointing turn out of only 7 players (3 from Nottingham, 4 from Newark) entered however a good days snooker was enjoyed by all.
A Round Robin system was used the top 2 players from each group reaching the semi-finals.
Group 1
John Jessop (NewarkSC) 0-2 Leon Munslow (NewarkSC)
Chris Mathers (Pegasus) 2-1 James Brown (NewarkSC)
Leon Munslow (NewarkSC) 2-0 James Brown (NewarkSC)
John Jessop (NewarkSC) 2-0 Chris Mathers (Pegasus)
John Jessop (NewarkSC) 2-1 James Brown (NewarkSC)
Leon Munslow (NewarkSC)(39) 2-0 Chris Mathers (Pegasus)
Winners of Group 1
John Jessop (NewarkSC) & Leon Munslow (NewarkSC)
Group 2
Jordon Parnham(BCI) (34) 2-0 Ryan Barnsdale (NewarkSC)
Jordon Parnham(BCI) 2-0 Conner Kelliher (BCI)
Conner Kelliher (BCI) 0-2 Ryan Barnsdale (NewarkSC)
Winners of Group 1
Jordon Parnham(BCI) & Ryan Barnsdale (NewarkSC)
Semi-Finals
Ryan Barnsdale (NewarkSC) 0-2 Leon Munslow (NewarkSC)(30)
Jordon Parnham(BCI) (34&39) 2-0 John Jessop (NewarkSC)
Final
Leon Munslow (NewarkSC) 2-0 Jordon Parnham(BCI)
Congratulations to Leon, the Trophy returns to Newark Snooker Club
Thanks to Kathleen & David Gibson for their support & Hospitality.
Also thanks to Alan Pacey (Newark) & Barry Stark (Nottm)
Malc Belshaw
NBSA
Well Done Jordan, great effort in reaching the final.
Looks like you were popping the breaks in as well :bravo:
Keep practising mate - getting better and better.
Thanks Wayne ;) All thanks to the tip! :thx:
By the way malcolm... are those photos going to be put on the forum?
Yes congratulations Jordan on reaching the final . . .great achievement mate,and some nice breaks from you there as well,well done again . . . :bravo:
Thanks Steve. Steve I saw you on TV when Michael Holt was playing at the Crucible Ha Ha! :laugh:
Must have broke your TV screen mate :laugh:
Yes . . it was me you saw on tv Jordan i always go several times to the 'crucible' every year,i was on the 2nd from front row watching michael holt getting beat by joe perry. . .
Also saw stephen hendry claw back a win against anda zhang,and steve davis v mark king amongst others . . .
If you or anyone else fancies coming up with me,i can usually get tickets really early,but it'll be next year now though ok?
ALSO . . .
Whilst im on here . . .
Does anyone have those nights where you want to go to the club for a few hours but you find your other mates can't make it?
Well . . .if anyone fancies an evening session one night drop me a line would be nice to play someone different on a regular basis,and don't mind travelling to your club either, my numbers: 07912 978184
Ha Ha! Wayne very funny mate . . .'everyone thinks they're a comedian don't they?' LoL . . . :laugh:
Don't give up the day job . . . :laugh:
Steve I would love to go to the crucible, I will hold you to that :thumbup:
Yeah I wouldn't mind having a session with you sometime, We will have to arrange something.
Jordan - make a century this year and I'll buy you a ticket - that should get you motivated :laugh:
Hey Hey dont forget me i was the bloke sat next to steve.
Wayne you've put the pressure on now, not only will I be thinking OMG I'm going to make a century, now I'm going to have a ticket for the crucible payed for me. Don't worry though, I couldn't see that happening any time soon ;)
James I actually seen you first mate. Couldn't miss you with that bright colored T-shirt on. You kept coming into the picture loads of times, your a celeb now :laugh:
Thats why i put the t shirt on jordon so i would get noticed lol :laugh: :laugh:
my mum spotted me in the crowd so she recorded it for me, even she said she fed up off seeing me :laugh: :laugh:
Ha ha I know what she means, you were on a lot.