Nottingham Snooker Forum

Historical Archive => NBSA Season 2012/13 => Singles League Results & Match Reports (Winter 2012/13) => Topic started by: Ross Wilkin on 27 March 2013

Title: Division 2: Ross Wilkin 3-1 Paul Wainwright
Post by: Ross Wilkin on 27 March 2013
[nofollow=http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/yatesandco](http://nottinghamsnooker.com/Images/titles/singles_league_596.png)[/nofollow]

Very much a game of 2 halves.
In the first 2 frames I didn't miss many pots, feeling confident and cueing well. No real breaks from either player but I kept a reasonable lead to take both frames.
I ran out of steam in the next 2 while Paul kept steady, keeping himself in the lead this time. I started to play my usual awful safety shots in the last frame and was sure Paul would take it but I somehow pinched this one.
Being very gracious in defeat, Paul said he thought I deserved the win whereas I thought a draw was a fair result.
Good luck in your remaining matches Paul.
Title: Re: Division 2: Ross Wilkin 3-1 Paul Wainwright
Post by: Steve Butler on 27 March 2013
Wow Ross!  That's really put the cat amongst the pigeons now.

I've never known a promotion race finish so close.  What an amazing season it's been in the singles leagues.