Premier A: Nav Hussain 3-1 Keith Holgate

Started by Keith Holgate, 24 March 2013

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Holgate



Hats off to Nav for a great performance tonight, beating me in the Premier A division.
As I walked away from the table in frame one, happy with my safety shot, leaving Nav tight on the black cushion, only to see him slot a red into the middle pocket, make a superb 66 break - leaving me needing snookers with four reds on.
In frame two I attempted a snooker on the reds, which nearly worked. Sadly the red I played was the only one Nav could see, which he duly potted in the middle and dished up with a faultless 80 clearance.
It was at this stage I knew I'd got Nav worried.
Frame three was again dominated by Nav, but no breaks to speak of.
At three nil down, all I could play for was to avoid the whitewash, and get a frame on the board to help towards the frame difference.
I managed a 29 break, arguably the bests of the night I think Nav said lol, and managed to take the frame after clearing the colours to the pink.
Nav fully deserves the win tonight, yet again his long potting break building and safety were terrific. Well played.

Steve Butler

Quote from: Keith Holgate on 24 March 2013
yet again his long potting break building and safety were terrific.

There must be something he's rubbish at!  :)

Nav Hussain

Its a pleasure to play you keith, i find it really good playing against the top players in nottingham, you can only improve.

The match started off really well for me with a few decent breaks and did try to take my chances as there are very little in the Prem A.

Keith had a few chances but couldnt get going , always landing awkward or hampered by balls. I hope to take the same form into the Notts Am on friday, but different table, different venue, different Nav LOL

Thanks for the game keith and i can see that the title will go down to the wire with a few potential upsets along the way. This year could be a thriller !!
Nav Hussain