Division 3: Dwayne Martin 3-1 Jon Sully

Started by Jon Sully, 01 April 2013

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Sully



We played this match at BCI several weeks ago to help Dwayne out who was moving to Herefordshire at the time. I agreed to the early match thinking I was playing well at the time - how wrong I was! All we had to do was promise not to reveal the result until now, which I am now doing.

I can't remember a huge amount other than I cleared the colours to win the first and then lost the last 3 as Dwayne stepped up a gear.

Well played Dwayne, I still think you are really a grade 3, perhaps you don't make the breaks as you say but you pot well, your safety and frame tactics are sound and you have been playing long enough to give all grade 3s a good game, as your results have shown. It's a shame we won't see you again in Notts again, so good luck for the future.
Jon Sully
NBSA Committee

Dwayne Martin

Not really that enjoyable a match to be honest despite me winning it, the second frame of this match has to go down as the worst frame of snooker I've ever been involoved, anything and everything that could go wrong did go wrong and kept going wrong, both players really struggling with the basics of the game and missing the simplest of pots, balls going awkward, miscues, bad flukes, bad languge a plenty, really , really turgid stuff that was almost the death of us both.....

And all that after Jon produced an excellent 27 clearance on the colours to take the first frame too.....

I somehow managed to regain some kind of composure towards the end of the second frame though and potted a few good balls to take it, this seemes to be a turning point in my own mindset and I won the next two reasonably well with good potting and safety play whilst Jon continued to struggle with his game...

Frame 1: DM 36-73 JS

Frame 2: DM 54-22 JS

Frame 3: DM 71-42 JS

Frame 4: DM 72-27 JS

Thanks for the game Jon and let us never talk or think of that second frame ever again!