Division 2: Ross Wilkin 3-1 Paul Wainwright

Started by Ross Wilkin, 27 March 2013

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Wilkin

[nofollow=http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/yatesandco][/nofollow]

Very much a game of 2 halves.
In the first 2 frames I didn't miss many pots, feeling confident and cueing well. No real breaks from either player but I kept a reasonable lead to take both frames.
I ran out of steam in the next 2 while Paul kept steady, keeping himself in the lead this time. I started to play my usual awful safety shots in the last frame and was sure Paul would take it but I somehow pinched this one.
Being very gracious in defeat, Paul said he thought I deserved the win whereas I thought a draw was a fair result.
Good luck in your remaining matches Paul.
Ross Wilkin
Embankment Snooker Club
Honours: NBSA Junior Hcp Finalist 2011
             Spot On Bulwell Hcp Comp Plate Winner Feb 2012

Steve Butler

Wow Ross!  That's really put the cat amongst the pigeons now.

I've never known a promotion race finish so close.  What an amazing season it's been in the singles leagues.