Division 2: Steve burrows 3-1 Ross wilkin

Started by Steve Burrows, 17 April 2013

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Burrows

[nofollow=http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/yatesandco][/nofollow]

Frame 1
Ross starts of well potting some good balls, but steve makes a couple of teen breaks and finally takes the frame.
Frame 2
nip and tuck both playing quite well but its steve who gets in first and takes the frame with a well taken 44 break.
frame 3
similar to the 2nd frame and steve gets in first again and makes a good 41 break leaving ross needing snookers but after a few attempts concedes the frame.
frame 4
close one this going down to the colours ross this time takes brown to black to win the final frame.
Thanks for the game ross unlucky tonight mate thanks for the kind words and a true gent in defeat good luck next season im sure you will be a contender once again.
Steve Burrows

Steve Butler

That's a fantastic result Steve.  It puts a bit more pressure on Paul now.  Commiserations to Ross though, that defeat must really hurt knowing you came so close.

Nice breaks as well Steve.

Glenn Price

44 and a 41, I think a grade change is in order, what say you committee?
Glenn Price
NBSA Committee

Daniel

Steve continues your good form.  Well done mate.  This makes your match with Paul a biggie. :)

Hard luck Ross.  You definitely played Steve at the wrong stage of the season based on form.  I'd say it's the story of the season for our team.  We fell short, apart from the plate, in the end.  Next season will be different hopefully.

Steve Butler

I was at Pegasus last night Dan.  All of the tables have now been recovered apart from Sean Hopkin's practise table so you will certainly have some nice tables to play on in the summer.

Daniel

Quote from: Steve Butler on 18 April 2013
I was at Pegasus last night Dan.  All of the tables have now been recovered apart from Sean Hopkin's practise table so you will certainly have some nice tables to play on in the summer.
Yes, been in Pegasus more since the new cloths have been appearing and will play all of my home games there now again.  Very happy.  Massive thanks to Peggo.

Right, do I stick a fiver on Mark Allen when he probably has Ding in round two?

World Snooker Championship: Mark Allen has no regrets - nor should he.

Steve Butler

Don't forget to enter the prediction contest Dan:

http://event-prediction.com/registration.asp?comp=2013

I might have a prize on offer for the highest placed NBSA member...

Ross Wilkin

Excellent play Steve, as I said afterwards, I think you missed TWO pots and ONE positional shot all match!
Also, I always see you as most dangerous in the division to make a 30 or 40 with a few free reds available. IMO, most consistent player and deserve to be promoted.
It didn't hurt much to be honest "other Steve", I'd place my current ability firmly mid-division, if I had gone up I'd have to start playing a LOT more often!
;)
Ross Wilkin
Embankment Snooker Club
Honours: NBSA Junior Hcp Finalist 2011
             Spot On Bulwell Hcp Comp Plate Winner Feb 2012

Daniel

Quote from: Steve Butler on 18 April 2013
Don't forget to enter the prediction contest Dan:
I doubt I'll win but I'll have a go.

I just realised, I think we need our logo modifying!  We can't be advertising for the wrong venue, especially when they spent money on the tables.  I'm not sure how Sharks and a Pegasus fit together though....