Premier A: Wayne Martin 1-3 Keith Holgate

Started by Keith Holgate, 17 April 2013

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Holgate



An away match against Wayne was always a daunting task, as Wayne is such a terrific match player anywhere, but on his own turf I feared the worst.
This match was not littered with high beaks, I think we had a few thirties between us, but it was full of great match play and safety from us both.
I managed to take the first frame after Wayne had taken a healthy lead.
Frame two is a bit of a blurr, but I was glad to win it and secure my point. Wayne was very quick to congratulate me after that frame for topping the league.
Wayne won the next frame comfortably.
The last frame was like the first two, with plenty of safety. I managed to outscore Wayne, and - with Wayne needing snookers on the last two reds following an unlucky in off, I managed to clear to the black to get the win.
Wayne's long potting and safety were brilliant as ever. I just managed to do enough to get the points I needed.
I've been playing Wayne for the thick end of twenty years, and every time we meet it is a tough game, here's looking forward to the next twenty!

Steve Butler

Congratulations Keith.  The table never lies so you clearly have been the most consistent player this season. Well done!


Wayne Martin

Congratulations Keith, a fully deserved win last night and over the course of the season. Your match play as ever was excellent and I still find myself coming away from our matches having really enjoyed the game despite losing but more importantly having learnt a lot. You are always a pleasure to play against and a credit to Nottinghamshire snooker.
Wayne Martin

Mike Langdon

Congratulations Keith on becoming singles league champion.

Well done mate

Amazes me how we seem to get a different winner of this league every season. Guess it goes to show we have a wide pool of talent in Notts.

So who's going to be the first person to get their name engraved twice on the trophy?
Mike Langdon
NBSA Committee Member

Matt Walters

Congratulations Keith, Can only be well deserved in that league to win. Full of top players. Well done
Matt Walters
Nottingham Snooker Academy

Steve Burrows

Congratulations Keith well done   :)  :)
Steve Burrows