Premier A: Keith Holgate 3-1 Toby Simpson

Started by Keith Holgate, 25 April 2013

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Holgate



Last match of the season, and it was tough right to the end.
The first two frames were typical match snooker, with breaks in the mid twenties, plenty of safety, but what was noticeable throughout frames one and two was the run was all in my favour, which included a blue that I attempted to pot in the yellow pocket - it wobbled in the jaws, leapt onto the side cushion ran down the table and fell into the middle pocket.
Watch and learn!
Frame three was a better frame for us both, with Toby knocking in a great 59 break, which left me needing several snookers. I played on and got to within one snooker required but Toby outplayed me to win frame three.
In the fourth I thought I had spotted a three ball plant, which I went on to miss. This left Toby with a good opening. Toby managed five red blacks, and I was hoping that he would continue down at the black end, but he chose to take a red into the middle and play for a baulk colour. Unfortunately for Toby it didn't work out and the break ended at 41.
I managed to reply with a 50 break which ended with me snookering myself on the last red.
I gave away around 26 points before finally hitting the last red.
After some tough safety Toby left me a half chance on the green, which I potted and took up to the pink to win the frame.
It was a tough match, but as always a pleasure to play Toby.
Toby is already a great player, and I look forward to seeing him improve further.