Notts Amateur Snooker Championship to be run by Nottingham Snooker this season
I am delighted to announce that, following consultation with Robert Garratt (representing the Nottinghamshire Billiards & Snooker Association (“the NBSA”)), I will be running six season-long snooker tournaments during the 2022/23 season, that have previously been run by the NBSA.
This will allow Robert to dedicate the necessary time to continue running the NBSA one-day tournaments which he has done extremely successfully over the last few seasons.
I would like to thank Robert and the NBSA for putting their faith in me and allowing me to run these most prestigious of tournaments this season.
The six tournaments are:
- Notts Amateur Snooker Championship (“NA”)
- Senior Handicap Snooker Championship (“SH”)
- Holgates Masters (“HM”)
- Intermediate Handicap Snooker Championship (“IH”)
- Junior Handicap Snooker Championship (“JH”)
- Open Singles Snooker Championship (“OS”)
I know that players historically want to enter as many of these tournaments as possible and I am accutely aware that it can be difficult to fit so many matches into a relatively small playing window. For that reason, I intend to stagger the start of the tournaments. The projected timeline for the 2022/23 season will be as follows:
- Tuesday 20 September 2022 – NA opens for entry
- Sunday 2 October 2022 – NA closes for entry
- Monday 3 October 2022 – NA 1st round draw via Facebook live & draw published
- Tuesday 4 October 2022 – SH opens for entry
- Sunday 16 October 2022 – SH closes for entry
- Monday 17 October 2022 – SH 1st round draw via Facebook live & draw published
- Tuesday 18 October 2022 – HM opens for entry
- Sunday 30 October 2022 – HM closes for entry
- Monday 31 October 2022 – HM 1st round draw via Facebook live & draw published
- Tuesday 1 November 2022 – IH opens for entry
- Sunday 13 November 2022 – IH closes for entry
- Monday 14 November 2022 – IH 1st round draw via Facebook live & draw published
- Tuesday 15 November 2022 – JH opens for entry
- Sunday 27 November 2022 – JH closes for entry
- Monday 28 December 2022 – JH 1st round draw via Facebook live & draw published
- Tuesday 29 November 2022 – OS opens for entry
- Sunday 11 December 2022 – OS closes for entry
- Monday 12 December 2022 – OS 1st round draw via Facebook live & draw published
It is envisaged that the winners of all six tournaments will qualify for entry into the end of season Champion of Champions tournament where they will compete for the Alan Cunningham Trophy.
I am planning to use the NBSA’s handicaps in the SH, IH and JH tournaments and I will be liaising with the NBSA Handicap Committee prior to 18 October 2022 (the date the SH opens for entry) to ensure that all players who have competed in Nottingham Snooker tournaments and Challenge Ladder are given an NBSA handicap.
I propose to keep entry fees at 2021/22 levels, ie. £10 for the NA and £5 for all other tournaments.
Prize money will be dependant on the number of entries received, however I intend to utilise all entry fees to pay for trophies, engraving and prize money, with prize money boosted by sponsorship. If anyone would like to sponsor one of these tournaments, please contact me.
Full rules and tournament formats will be published as each tournament opens for entry.
Nottingham Snooker Tournament Director