Open Singles Snooker Championship – Preliminary Round
- Audie Miller 3-1 Alan Caulton
- Terry Dowson 0-3 Richard Wheelhouse
- Mark Taylor 2-3 Ben Monk
- Steven Hughes 3-1 Selina Dean
- Gavin Shirley 4-3 Martin Conway
- Danny Ould 0-3 Patrick Ashurst
- Jim Harrison 3-0 Dale Prime
- Moe Anyanwu 0-3 Chris Winter
- Keith Holgate 3-1 Wayne Martin
- Cary Davies 4-2 Gary Spencer
(The player on the left is the home player)
Deadline for matches to be played: 22 January 2023.
Draw made via Facebook Live on 2 January 2023.
Byes Into Last 16
Winner: £150 + Trophy
Runner-up: £70 + Trophy
Losing semi-finalists: £25
This tournament will be played in accordance with the official rules of snooker as published by the WPBSA.
The miss rule will be played unless both competitors elect not to play it.
A random draw will take place prior to each round and be broadcast live via Facebook Live. The first player drawn shall be the home player. The draw will be published on the Nottingham Snooker website.
All matches will be best of 5 frames except for the final which will be best of 7 frames.
Matches up to and including the semi-finals will be played at any venue of the home player’s choosing within the Nottinghamshire county boundary. The final will be played at a neutral venue.
Paying for the table
The player drawn at home will be responsible for all table costs.
A referee will be provided for the final.
The Nottingham Snooker VAR Procedure will be used to arrange matches:
View the draw
- The TD will publish the draw on the Nottingham Snooker website.
- Players will also receive a message from the TD with details of their opponent (including their phone number) and the deadline for the match to be played (typically 21 days after the date of the draw).
Arrange and play your match
Within 2 days of the draw, both players must:
- Make contact with each other and arrange the match.
- Inform the TD of the date of the match.
Players will then play the match on the agreed date.
Result to TD
- Immediately following the match being played, the WINNER must send the result to the TD, including details of any breaks over 50.
- The TD will then publish the result on the Nottingham Snooker website.
Penalty for Unsporting Conduct
The TD is at liberty to expel a player from the tournament for any conduct that he considers to be unsporting or at the detriment to the fair progression of the tournament.
Any failure to adhere to the tournament rules and/or VAR procedures will be classed as unsporting conduct and may result in a player being expelled from the tournament by the TD.
The TD may, at his discretion, allow slight variations to these rules UPON REQUEST, if he feels it will not impede the fair progression of the tournament.